Words to live by…
In the mid 50s, the physician for the US Congress distributed this list of 10 standards to stay healthy. I wonder what would happen in we all took to following his simple and concise advice.
1. Eat Wisely — you are what you eat… what a weird saying.
2. Drink Plentifully (water!) — glug glug glug.
3. Eliminate Thoroughly — I think this should be extended to all areas of our lives. Equilibrium is never the result of endless addition.
4. Bathe Cleanly — pew.
5. Exercise Rationally — don’t rationalize why you don’t exercise.
6. Accept Inevitables — This one caught me by surprise, but think about it and it makes perfect sense.
7. Play Enthusiastically — go team!
8. Relax Completely — completely.
9. Sleep Sufficiently — note: different than relaxing… sweet dreams!
10. Check Up Occasionally — my mechanic calls this preventative maintenance.
Give it a shot and see what happens.