Are you flying into the San Jose airport for the 46th annual Mount Hermon Christian Writers’ Conference this week? If so, and you’re planning to take advantage of the shuttle Mount Hermon is providing for writers, I thought you might like to meet the Transportation Team and review a few shuttle details.
Bob Hodgson, Writers’ Airport Transportation Coordinator
Linda Smith, Writers’ Airport Transportation Assistant
Marci Seither, Writers’ Airport Transportation Assistant
Look for one of these familiar faces, or the Mount Hermon Shuttles sign. One or two members of the Transportation Team will be at Terminal A and B to greet you and direct you to our shuttle vans for the drive to the gorgeous Mount Hermon Conference Center.
Here’s a handy-dandy checklist for using the Mount Hermon Airport Shuttle:
- Send in a completed Airport Shuttle Request Form (shuttle available for San Jose airport only). If you haven’t done so, please do that now.
- If your flight time has been changed prior to your travel day, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the new information.
- On the day of travel, if you miss your flight or your flight is delayed, please call Transportation Coordinator, Bob Hodgson, at 928-593-9280, or the Mount Hermon Front Desk, 831-335-4466). For voicemail, leave a detailed message with a cell phone number where you can be reached.
- Arrivals in Terminal A: Take Inter-terminal Shuttle from Terminal A to Terminal B Baggage Claim Carousel #3, look for a person with a Mount Hermon sign.
- Arrivals in Terminal B: Congregate at Carousel #3 in Baggage Claim. Look for a person with a Mount Hermon sign.
- If you requested that we shuttle you to the airport when you leave Mount Hermon, be sure to stop by the Mount Hermon Writers’ Transportation team’s table in the Hospitality Center (Multipurpose Room, below Dining Hall). Starting Saturday, Bob Hodgson or Linda Smith will frequent the Transportation Table in the Hospitality Center (Multipurpose Room, below Dining Hall). That’s where you’ll go to confirm your departure flight and get your departure shuttle time.
- Please report changes in your departure plans–not taking the shuttle, after all, or flight delays–to Bob Hodgson or Linda Smith at the Transportation Table in the Hospitality Center.
- At Mount Hermon, Airport Shuttles depart from the Loading Zone on the main road (across from the post office, in front of the dining hall). Please check-in with Bob, Linda, or Marci at the curb 15 minutes before your shuttle van is scheduled to depart.
The Mount Hermon Airport Shuttle experience is a great way to start connecting with other Mount Hermon writers before you ever step foot on the welcoming grounds. So enjoy!
We’ll see you soon!